Bedfordshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers
- 1st Tuesday evening each month 7.30 - 9.30pm
- 3rd Saturday 10.30am. - 4.30pm each month.
- Friendly group of lovers of textile related crafts have changed venue to Flitwick Village Hall, 11 Dunstable Rd, Flitwick, Bedford MK45 1HP
- Art for fun and friendship for all Thursdays 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Supportive club where beginners to those more experienced can develop their art work. Suggested donation £4
- Bromham Baptist Church, Village Road, Bromham, MK43 8JP
- Enquiries please call: Jackie 07880 518465, Kevin 07780 756436 or Lindsay 07960 329609
- Thursday evenings 5pm – 7pm
- Various arrangements covered with a demo followed by the opportunity for students to complete the same design to take home.
- April Flowers, 90 High Street, Clapham
- Booking essential Call Amy on 01234 343335 / 07794 827137
Machine Knitting Group.
- Alternate Fridays 9.30 – 12.30 September to July
- Beginners and Improvers welcome
- Wilden Village Hall, 2 High St, Wilden, Bedford MK44 2PB
- Sheila Day Tel:01234 771328
Bedfordshire Family History Society
- Meet the 1st Friday of every month.
- New members welcome
- Contact Lynn on 01234 306482
- Drama Hall, Mark Rutherford School, Wentworth Drive, Bedford MK41 8PX
- Every Friday 1pm-4pm
- Friendly group of amateur daubers meet to spend a few hours enjoying our hobby. We use a variety of media. If you enjoy drawing and/or painting why not join us.
- 5 Lansdowne Road, Bedford
- Contact Anne 07548 840856 or Jenny 01234 824568 or email Marianne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Friday, 12pm – 4pm Free
- Explore the works in our beautiful galleries and be inspired to create your own work of art. Materials are provided, or you can bring your own.
- Please do not bring paint or materials that might cause damage to the collection.
- The Higgins Bedford Castle Lane, Bedford MK40 3XD
- 01234 718618
Creative Writing Group at The Higgins Bedford
- First Saturday of each month 11am - 1pm
- The group will use the museum’s collections as prompts for shared writing and personal reflection.
- Each session will include a short writing exercise, time to look around the museum and write alone, and time to listen and respond to each other’s writing.
- The group will be led by Simon Wrigley, outreach director of the National Writing Project (nwp.org.uk).
- Numbers are limited to 15. Fee of £5.50 (£4.40 concessions) covers the group’s exclusive use of the Garden Room.
- Booking through The Higgins Bedford, Castle Lane, Bedford MK40 3XD
- 01234 718618