Hi, I’m Chef Jonny, Head Chef at The Pavilion in Bedford Park.
Each month we bring you a delicious recipe that you can try at home. Good luck with the recipe and enjoy!
Why not share your photos too?
- 75g flaked almonds
- 350g jumbo oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g wheatgerm
- 75g demerera sugar
- 100g runny honey
- 75ml rapeseed oil (try Mrs Middleton’s oil*)
- 100g raisins
- 75g bran flakes
- 40g ready-to-eat dried apples roughly chopped
- 40g ready-to-eat dried apricots roughly chopped
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet – toast in oven for 3-5 minutes until golden, turn them over after a couple of minutes.
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds, wheatgerm, demerera sugar, honey and rapeseed oil together on a large baking tray.
- Put in the oven to bake – make sure you stir it every 10 minutes for about half an hour until it turns a deliciously crunchy golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Once the granola is cool, stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with a bowl of runny honey, a bowl of greek yoghurt, a bowl of fresh berries and a whole lot of love!
*Mrs Middleton’s delicious oil is made in Bedfordshire www.mrsmiddleton.co.uk