Recipe courtesy of …The Kiosk and The Pavilion
Gluten free Christmas cake available from The Kiosk and The Pavilion. Hot drinks and many more home-made delicious treats on offer too!
- 25oz Butter / Marg
- 6oz Golden Syrup
- 6floz Milk
- 8oz Currants
- 8oz Mixed Dried Fruit
- 4oz Dates
- 2oz Cherries
- 8oz Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Eggs
- Put fat, syrup, milk and all the fruit in a saucepan and simmer for 5 mins.
Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and stir into fruit mixture. Lastly stir in the eggs.
- Tip into lined 8 inch Round cake tin and cook at 150°c for 1 & 1/2 hours until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin before turning out.