A Bedfordshire businesswoman has released an app to help children overcome bullying and hopes kids will use it to boost their confidence.#
Tamsin Cooper, a hypnotherapist with a private practice in Flitwick, was inspired to make the anti-bullying app after hearing of so many kids taking their own lives after being bullied.
The £2.99 app takes children through a gentle hypnotherapy session where they can imagine they’re a superhero squashing the baddie bully.
‘I talk about how a bully operates and why they’re picking on you,’ says Tamsin, ‘I let children know that it’s not about them – it’s about the bully feeling insecure or shy or frightened.’
While Tamsin’s own children – who are now 24 and 19 – weren’t bullied when they were younger, her partner, Martin, who she lives with in Pulloxhill, was. ‘He got bullied for having red hair. He enrolled in loads of school clubs so he wouldn’t have to go out into the playground and he’d walk home on his own across fields rather than getting the school bus.’
The app, which kids can listen to in the comfort and safety of their bedroom, works on the subconscious to help children boost their confidence and self-esteem. It helps to make them feel strong and powerful, so a bully will get the message and leave them alone.
‘I really hope kids who are being bullied will listen to the app. Nobody should have to put up with being bullied and if it can make just one person feel better about themselves – or even save a life – I’ll be happy.’
ABOUT THE APP
* Overcoming Bullying is available on iTunes from the Apple Store and Android from Google Play
* It costs £2.99 and comes with a free ‘31 Ways to a Happier You’ app
* The app is suitable for all ages but under-13s must be supervised by an adult
* For details on other apps in the series, go to www.appsjackdiscovery.com
ABOUT TAMSIN COOPER
* Tamsin is a fully qualified clinical hypnotherapist and Master NLP practitioner
* She has had her own private practice for over 20 years
* For further details, www.tamsincooper.co.uk/